Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Daisy Doodle Dandy

We got the Daisy Doodle Dandy line in the store right when we opened.  I loved it from the time I saw the little preview swatches on the Michael Miller Fabrics website.

This picture is a little blurry but you get the general idea of just how cute these fabrics are.

So I decided that this would be the next line I used to sew a shop sample .  I decided to use the ModKids Nina top.


And the ModKids Sophie for the pants.
Both patterns sewed up like a dream.  I've made several ModKid patterns for my little one and the patterns are always very easy for me to sew up.  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these to any one from the new seamster to the advanced seamster. 

And ta-da here are the final results:

It is just so cute on the dress form and I think it would look even cuter on a real model. 



This inset on the pants leg turned out really cute.  When I first decided on the pattern I thought I might have trouble sewing this part of the pants but it really was so easy and looks so nice when finished.

So that's it for today.  We are getting new fabrics in each day and more patterns all the time.  Check back to see what's new and come into the store to see it in person.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kelly, you did a great job on your outfit. I might be tempted to buy some of those fabrics from you! I have the Sophie pants pattern but it's on the YET TO DO LIST. I love your shop and am so proud for you. Now I hope you really take the time to "stitch-n-lounge". Believe me, I'd be over there stitching and mostly lounging with you if you were within an hour's drive...instead of a few states away! God bless your "new direction"!

    ReplyDelete