Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A little inspiration and sale announcement

I just love all the inspiration that is found on the internet!  From the recipes to the home decorating tip and then to sewing tutorials, there is a wealth of information out there.  Don't get me wrong . . . I think there are some great printed patterns that we offer in the store also but I think between the two you can sew just about anything you want.  

I have been using the free tutorials I find on the internet as sew along guides for a Friday Night Sewing Lounge.  A few Fridays ago, I used a tutorial from the Ucreate blog.  I used the tutorial for the Zig Zag Pillow.  This is what I created using the tutorial and then making it my own.


I am open to suggestions for sew alongs so if you ever see a tutorial you want to try, just send me a link.  We can work on it at the next open lounge night.

I also want to announce that Stitch-n-Lounge will be having a sale in connection with the Small Business Saturday campaign.  We will have sewing demonstrations, refreshments, a sale table full of fabric and you will have the chance to enter drawings for gift certificates to the store!  The sale will be on November 27th and I will tell you more as the time gets nearer so stay tuned!

Don't forget to leave a comment on my Quilt Market post to enter the drawing for some free fabric.

Happy sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Love your zig zag pillow. I printed the tutorial and I think I will use the zig zag design on the front of a journal cover.

    Sabrina F.

    ReplyDelete